I was just talking with my brother about how protective I am of my son in parking lots. We discussed how easy it is for a child to get run over. I am always cautious when it comes to my son. With our lives as busy as they are - I'm sure there are many distractions that takes our eyes and hands off our children. Loading a car, trying to get in a store with multiple children, pushing a stroller and trying to hold the hand of another child - these are all complicated tasks that mommies and daddies face when going out with their children.
Recently (this week) my husband was outside of Sun & Ski Sports and he noticed a woman yelling at her son for running off in the parking lot. She yelled for him to come back. Now in one sense, the woman was being responsible by calling her son back so he wouldn't get hurt. Yet, in another sense, holding the child's hand from the beginning would have been a better idea. Who knows what was going on with her that day - so I'm not judging. I'm simply making an observation.
Lately when I am out in parking lots - I have seen a lot of children just running amuck. Parents - hold on to your babies. :)
1 comment:
What a really great point!
You're so consistent with holding Hudson's hand that he will often grab my hand as soon as we get out of the car. Smart Mom and smart boy.
Remember that day we were at Michael's (I think) and the little girl almost got hit running fron her mom to Subway?
Another dangerous thing some Moms do is leave kids in the car when they run errands.
Post a Comment