We went to Hudson's doctor appointment today:
The doctor said Hudson was suffering from Anxiety.
So, as for now, we're doing what the pediatrician, preschool director, family, my husband, myself and now the urologist said we should do a few weeks ago - don't worry about it. Just take it easy. He's four.
3 comments:
I'm so glad you got answers (although they are what you knew all along.). Maybe people will better understand now that you got an official doctor's diagnosis.
I've felt the same way as the doctor - treating a child as Hudson was treated can cause permanent damage. Like I've told you, I've cried multiple times thinking about how Hudson felt about himself and his inability to please everyone in this part of his life.
Give Hudson and big hug for me.
I'll let you know when I get my package.
Also, I think the anxiety diagnosis was obvious when Hudson would immediately pee after hearing he was being picked up from daycare. I'm glad you've gotten a doctor to say the same thing - although I feel a mother's gut feeling should be treated just as highly.
I'm so glad you got answers, too! You and Philip are both great parents. It is easy to get bombarded with incorrect information (and negative people) that causes unnecessary anxiety. You have a precious son! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment