Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 29




As the summer allows for me more time to reflect, I often think of my Mom and how much I miss her. I was looking around my house at all the gifts Hudson has given me for birthdays and Mother's Day and it reminded me of the gifts I gave my mom. The first picture is a gift that Hudson gave me this year for Mother's Day. He was so excited to give me my flower.

When my mom died, I was cleaning out her home and I found a gift that I gave her. It was back when these people would come to the school and sell things to the students. You could spend $1.00 and buy all of your family a gift. I remember that I bought everyone in my family something. I bought my mom this crazy horse with wings. I was so surprised that she still had this horse and it was in mint condition. Mom's are the best!! The second picture is of the gift I gave her. I'll save it forever.

Mom's are such a blessing. As a mom, I hope I am as big of a blessing to my son as my mom was to me. Not only are mom's a blessing but being a mom is a blessing. Having a child is one of God's greatest gifts to us. Cherish the time with your children and your moms.

2 comments:

Jennifer C. said...

Awesome post. Made me teary. You are already a blessing to Hudson. He is lucky to have such a great mommy.

Ashley said...

How sweet. Mom's are the best. I pray every day that I can be a great mom. You definitely are to Hudson! Jennifer is right, he is lucky to have you as his mom!