Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The squirrel


One day while we were hiking across D.C. to see all the monuments, we took a break to sit/rest on a bench. While we were there the squirrels kept coming around looking for food. So I opened a bag of cheese-its and started throwing them towards them. Then I noticed how close they were getting so I tried feeding one from my hand. He would come right up to me and gently take the cheese-it from my fingers. They did this on numerous occasions. It was so much fun. I didn't want to scare him so I didn't take a picture until he had gotten it from me. Here he is eating my cheese-its. I fed him and two other squirrels, plus a few ducks, the whole bag of cheese-its. It was lots of fun. Too bad Hudson was asleep and didn't get to see it.

No comments: